Airstream Inc. is “extending the adventure” to include bike paths! The factory just partnered with California-based Pedego® Electric Bikes to produce the new Pedego Airstream Electric Bike—available in brushed aluminum to match your Airstream style.
Pedego bikes (mentioned recently in Outside Interests) “provide a fun travel experience without sacrificing comfort,” states a press release from Airstream, Inc. “Riders can enjoy the great outdoors, going off the beaten path, reaching farther destinations and climbing to new vistas. Airstreamers find electric bikes useful as well as thrilling when they discover how easy it is to ride into town or along scenic paths after setting up camp. They can even zip along at high elevations without becoming winded. Powered by Pedego’s rugged motors and powerful batteries, these bikes empower riders to fly over hills, zoom through headwinds and travel distances with ease.”
Priced from $2,995, the new “pedal or not” Airstream branded eBikes are available at Airstream dealerships and Pedego stores. Features include:
- Airstream logo on the chain guard and front badge
- 26-inch frame
- Wide, swept-back handlebars
- State-of-the-art geared motor that delivers best-in-class acceleration and hill climbing
- Five levels of automatic pedal assist mode for a more natural riding experience
- LCD display with USB charging port for a phone and other devices
- Twist-and-go throttle for full power on demand
- 48-volt lightweight lithium battery with 10 or 15 AH providing an average of 25 to 60 miles distance per charge
- Shimano seven-speed gearing
- SRAM disc brakes
- Saddle with a suspension seat post
- Kevlar-belted premium balloon tires
- Two-year comprehensive warranty
This month—at Alumapalooza 8 in Jackson Center at the Airstream factory—TWO new Airstream edition Pedego electric bikes were given to lucky attendees! The first surprise winner was Airstream VP of Sales, Justin Humphreys. Justin immediately put the bike up for auction and raised $2700 for the local food bank. The second Pedego bike went to Michael Rice, who also offered the high-ticket prize for auction.
A big thanks to Michael for donating his prize to benefit a worthy charity, and thanks (and congrats) to Bill “JJ” Johnjulio, SkyMed Ambassador Representative and wife Sandy, who won the new Pedego with a bid of $2,300—which went directly to the Jackson Center Ohio Habitat For Humanity.
Airstreamers care about the communities they live in and visit. Alumapalooza 8 participants contributed nearly $8,000 to local charities during the 2017 event—a record amount for R and B Events!